Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nature Log - First Frost!

Today we awoke to our first hard frost in southern Devon. Nature always offers up something to appreciate and marvel at and frost is one of those things for me. With the sun rising later I am able to appreciate the beauty of the sunrise at a decent hour 😊.



Can you see the tiny speck of light behind the headland on the horizon in the photograph below? 




It's a ship, at night you can pick out the ships that are staying out at sea by their twinkling lights.

Now for some frosty delights...



The pond was completely iced over trapping a leaf and feather in its icy grip...



I love how stone ledge surrounding the pond was an artwork in frost. The lichen looked beautiful in its frosty coat.



And of course the leaves...




All so pretty!

Now, on a less frosty note...look who popped in for a visit this afternoon



I do enjoy seeing the pheasants in my garden. When we lived in Chesterfield they often wandered in to see what offerings we had on the ground feeder. Now that we are back in the countryside we have them visiting daily and it is one of lifes small things that makes my heart happy.

Hope that your Wednesday has been beautiful whatever the weather in your neck of the woods 😊. I'll be back tomorrow with another 'Throwback Thursday' post. Until then...

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And that pheasant is so colorful, that's neat that just pop into your yard! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful! Thank you for sharing your corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Hope you are enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.