Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sometimes...

...change is not always the best thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for change, I love new experiences, I have loved the varied and exciting places we have lived and travelled to as a result of my husband's job. I have embraced each house move, approached each new country or city we have lived in wholeheartedly. I am forever grateful that we were obedient to God's call on our lives to homeschool our daughters - that I would start all over again in a heartbeat. But sometimes, just sometimes the change that we embrace or choose turns out not to be the best thing for us.

We've all done it, made a decision that we regret and wish we could undo. It's in those situations that we can crumble and live in defeat or you can take control and change your situation. I'm a bit headstrong and simply refuse to live in defeat - I am totally a believer in that if you are not happy with something - then change it! 



Change to rectify some of our bigger 'boo-boo's' can take time to play out, so I believe that while you wait for your situation to change or improve, you need to find contentment where you are as you work towards your end goal. However, some things are easier to tackle and this is what I am doing right now.




In February I took the decision to move my blog's home to Wordpress. It's a decision I regret. I know that some people love Wordpress and swear by it - but me...no, it's not for me. I don't like the plugins, I don't like how it's set up, I just don't feel 'at home' there. I'm sure you must have noticed that my posts have been infrequent, that's partly due to the fact that I just don't like it. For all of the 'cons' that professional bloggers spurt out when the compare Wordpress to Blogger - well I just don't care, I like blogger and I'm not a professional blogger anyway, I'm just an ordinary girl saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus. I love my husband, my children, our homeschooling and keeping my home, so I think this little spot will do me nicely for a long while yet.



So, before I go on with this post I want to say three things, first is that I really appreciate all my readers - love you guys. I know you are here because in some way we connect and we are kindred spirits.



Second, if this change has annoyed you enough to unsubscribe, I totally understand. I'm sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance I have caused. I do hope that you will stay with me though because I will miss you if you go.



Thirdly, I'm going to be tweaking the look of my blog because I'm just like Mrs Tittlemouse, I do love keeping my 'home' spic and span.




Okay, moving on... This weekend we went to Reading to see my grandparents who have just moved to the UK from South Africa. It was the most wonderful, blessed weekend! We haven't seen each other since 2010 and we are very close. I feel so SO blessed to have them living nearby enough that we can visit fairly often. In fact, we have already planned that they will come and spend Christmas with us, we are all so excited!


Driving back home to Devon on Sunday we decided to ditch the motorway and take the more scenic 'A' roads. This way you really get to see the countryside and a more leisurely pace. Well...as we were tootling along what should suddenly loom up to our right but Stonehenge! Oh my! The excitement in our car...



Now, this ancient wonder is not set far back from the road, no...it's RIGHT-THERE. It just astounds me that such history and heritage is just casually along the wayside - that's life in England for you!

Anyhoo, we simply had to break our journey and go visit this site. A further bonus is that entrance was entirely free because we are National Trust members - YAY!

There is something about this place, being in the same place where others have been, lived and worked over thousands of years...it's quite something. 



It simply turned out to be the best weekend ever - and it was my birthday so BONUS! 

Anyhoo lovelies, I'm going to love and leave you for today. I hope that you will come back and visit with me here very soon.

Hugs to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.