Friday, August 26, 2016

Do You See What I See? ...


I thought it was my imagination at first. But upon closer inspection I see it is indeed true ... Autumn is begin to creep in.

On Wednesday as I drove through Devon and into Somerset to fetch my girls from their camp, the trees that line the lane were showing signs of yellowing too. In fact in one section the wind blew and leaves tumbled and swirled across the road.


I can't say that I'm terribly sad about the prospect because autumn is after all my most favourite season of all.

However we don't all feel that way... LOL


Only 5 more days and the its the official start of the meteorological autumn - of course the equinox is some 22 days after that.  There's so much that I love about this season...but that I'll leave to another post ;)

6 comments:

  1. Love that garden centre! (you should see it at Christmas time!) Are you buying bulbs yet? I am starting to think about pulling the pansies out of our tubs and pots and replacing them with heathers. It is definitely turning into Autumn here and my youngest and I are just back from a walk in the forest, each with a basketful of mushrooms 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill, that garden center is indeed something at Christmas time - far too tempting. It's right up there with The Range LOL. My garden is packed with bulbs already, I couldn't squeeze even one more in sadly. I'm also turning my mind to Autumn pots, I always get a couple of Chrysanthemums to flank my front door. This year I think I might get 6 in total, two for the front door, two for the back and two on the steps leading down into my garden. Of course as soon as Tesco get's pumpkins in I'll be adding a few of those to my autumn decor too ;)

      Delete
  2. Sadly Autumn is definitely creeping in. Summer was so late arriving this year I feel I want it to go on for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Autumn, my favorite season and it does look like it's on it's way to you, but sadly not to us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will arrive in England on Sept. 4th! I hope it will be Autumn there, I am tired of this hot summer in Georgia!
    I know young girls love the sun, but old ladies like me must avoid it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with your daughter, I'm not ready to see the summer disappear!! Love the music it is one of my favourites!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.